Breakfast with Matt Layton is on the air 6-10am weekdays across the Greater Hedland Area
After spending his childhood pretending to be a game show host and a disc jockey on a cassette recorder, countless afternoons spruiking specials on the Coles PA, 4 years as a radio journalist in Perth and Sydney and 13 months as your afternoons/workday announcer, Matt's now got the honourable task of waking up Australia's biggest port bright and early in his own quirky, fun and informative way.
Full Name: Matthew W Layton. What does the W stand for, I hear you ask. Let's just say I had a 'world' of my own in a 1992 flick. Party on!
Who do you follow in the AFL? West Coast Eagles. Some of my earliest memories are the 92 and 94 premierships. I hear that ship still hasn't sailed into Fremantle yet...
What about the NRL? Rabbitohs! Apparently the radio network GM likes them too. #2014premiers
What’s on your iPod? Bit of everything. Green Day, Foo Fighters, Daryl Braithwaite, Avicii, Pharrell Williams... I’m easy to please. Anything that’s got a good vibe and keeps me on my feet!
What do you do outside the studio? Listening to my iPod, checking out a live gig, seeing the beautiful sights of the Pilbara and keeping up to date with the news. Don’t get me started on politics, though... I won't shut up and you'll most likely regret bringing it up. ;)
Regular segments include;
- Newsround (6.10 every morning)
- The Star Guide with Bec Star
- On this Day
- Free Taxi Friday
- Listener call ins
- North Pilbara Football League preview (Friday in season)
Regular guests with Matt include;
- Bridgette Poulton from Care for Hedland
- Town of Port Hedland Mayor Kelly Howlett (Tuesdays 9.20am)
- Hot Jobs with Sam Manson from DFP Recruitment
- At the Movies with Brad Holder from the Matt Dann Theatre and Cinema
- Michelle Scott/Kelly Andrews from the Port Hedland Chamber of Commerce
- Andrew Ziems, GM of the Esplanade Hotel
- What's on at the Walky with Katie Steede from The Walkabout Hotel
- Pet of the Week with Sam Wainwright from SAFE Hedland
- ...and other newsworthy/special guests passing through the North West!